Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My hometown voted most obese in the nation?!?!

Last week we were made aware of an online poll that indicated Evansville, Indiana is the fattest metro area of the groups that they surveyed. Here is the link if you'd like to see what our paper printed.
Evansville, Indiana = Most Obese Metro Area

First, I don't like these random polls because you never know how diverse a group of participants really are. Second, I hate the BMI calculator...it is a sorry excuse for judging the health of people and should be outlawed. Based on this calculator, The Rock would be considered obese.

I ask you, does this look obese to you?
This looks HOT to me!

In 2008, I lost 88 lbs and was 5'5" and weighed around 185 lbs. Based on the current BMI calculator I was still considered obese. Here is my picture from that time frame.

I wasn't "skinny" but I wouldn't have considered myself obese. I was wearing a size 14/16 and it really saddens me that people over a size 4 are often considered plus sized.

I can't wait until we can lose this obsession we have with how other people look. I fear I may never see that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks