Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Funk

You'd think I'd be used to the disappointment that comes with being a single parent on holidays but today it's just really bringing me down. I mean, it's Mother's Day for goodness sake. Could I at least get a nice attitude today? No, I fixed breakfast for 3 kids, only 1 was my own, and didn't even get a "Happy Mother's Day" from my 13 year old. I don't expect him to buy me gifts or make me breakfast but not even a comment?

Then, as soon as he could get dressed, he's out of the house, playing with his friends. When he calls to see about playing the XBOX (which he's grounded from due to his behavior), he gets mad and hangs up on me when I say NO.

I don't expect alot but I'd at least like to get some respect today. Is that too much to ask? Apparently so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks