Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weigh In 03/26/11

Normally I'm not nervous to step on the scale but today was different. I'm not sure why...I didn't eat horribly all week, I just didn't work out as much as I had planned because of the kids being home for spring break and I was just worried that the scale wouldn't be kind.

I took a deep breath and stepped on the scale to see a 1 lb loss. I'll take that. It puts me at 18.2 lbs in about 3 months so I can't really complain. There are many times that I wish this was going faster but I know that's not really the healthy way so I will have to stick it out. I let myself get fat, I have to take the time to do this the right way...even if it drives me crazy in the process.

I've been keep track of my daily calories in/out, the net and how it's impacted my weight loss each week and I'm stumped. I cannot find a clear link between how much I eat and a larger amount of weight lost for a week. It's a bit frustrating because I have weeks where my average net calorie intake was under 1000 and 1 week I gained 0.8 and another I lost 3.4 lbs. These weeks were not consecutive and they were surrounded by weeks that were much higher in the net category...around 1300-1600.

On the MFP plan, you are allowed (and often encouraged) to eat back your exercise calories to keep the body fueled. Normally, I eat back a good portion of them but this week I'm going to try something different. I'm going to try to stay near my intake goal of 1390 and not eat more than 25% of my exercise calories. Let's see if this makes any difference or not.

Since I don't really see any clear indication that the amount I eat back is making a difference on the scale...let's cut back, get to a lower net calorie intake and see what happens.

My next mini goal is to be at 260 by 4/23 so that means I have 4 more weigh ins to lose 7.8 lbs. Gonna be a tough one but it'll keep me focused on the end goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks