Sunday, March 6, 2011

Red Robin - Fail

Been seeing the commercials for the Prime Chophouse Burger and wanted to try it. Today, we went at 11:30, they weren't busy, and we got right in. Order the burger and waited in anticipation for its' arrival. Unfortunately, it left some things to be desired.

The onion straws were excessive and soggy. The combination of smells made it hard to eat because it was so overpowering. The burger patty was actually pretty small and didn't have much flavor.

I ate 1/2 and left the rest on the table. Thank goodness I did because when I got home to log it into MFP I found out the whole sandwich was over 1200 calories. Yikes!

With the donut I ate this morning I've got almost no calories left for dinner. Guess I'll be breaking out some hard core Turbo Jam later this afternoon to make room for dinner! :)

Here are more details about this particular burger:
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers is featuring their Prime Chophouse Burger for just $6.99. Layered with horseradish, sauteed mushrooms, gourmet steak sauce, melted Provolone cheese, and crispy onion straws. Served with Red Robin’s famous Bottomless Steak Fries. The $6.99 Prime Chophouse Burger is available through March 31, 2011 at participating Red Robin Gourmet Burgers locations.

This isn't exactly what mine looked like. My burger was alot more messy and the onion straws in this picture appear to be unbreaded. At any rate, I wouldn't suggest this as a good food option because of the calories, taste and texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks