Friday, February 25, 2011

Pre-Weigh In Rituals

While I don't go to extremes like I've heard the cast of The Biggest Loser does, I try to do several things before I step on that scale to weigh in every Saturday morning.
1. Don't eat anything after 6pm the night before (it's a mental thing)
2. Drink as much water as I can handle until midnight the day before (to help #3)
3. Go to the bathroom (1 & 2 if possible) before stepping on the scale (obviously)
4. Walk around for 20-30 mins to loosen the joints & get rid of any swelling from sleep (also mental)
5. Wait to weigh in as long as possible. (Seems I weigh less the longer I wait.)
6. Get naked (I weigh at home...it's ok!)
7. Hold my breath
8. Look at the number

Depending on what I see on that scale, the post weigh in ritual could be one or more of the following.
1. Calculate the change since last week in my head
2. Scream and throw the scale out the window
3. Recall what I ate all week that is still weighing me down
4. Do a happy dance

No matter which way the number moves I will faithfully log it into www.myfitnesspal.com and move forward with the next week.  I know this is going to take time and I can't lose weight every week but that doesn't stop the nervous anticipation I feel every Saturday morning.  This feeling is also what stops me from getting on the scale more than once a week.  It's counter-productive and I will not do it!

What is your weekly weigh in ritual?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks