Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Extreme Dieting?

I saw a post today where a woman was going to force herself to exercise so she could have some chicken soup without going over her daily calorie goal...by 2 calories. Yes, that's right...2!

I think it's great that people are concious of what they are eating but to be obsessed about 2 calories is borderline OCD and is not going to help this woman maintain her weight loss once she gets to her goal weight.

For people that are dealing with food addictions, their weight loss and lifestyle change are going to be very hard to maintain if they can't overcome that obsession with food. Seems obsession with eating can become an obsession of not eating. I certainly hope people in this position are able to get counseling and support to resolve their issues with food!

For me, I know what caused me to get fat. I just like food and how it tastes and I eat. Not because of how I feel or something that happened...I just like food and have trouble remember MODERATION! I'm getting better at it though and really hope this is the last time I have to go through my weight loss journey.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks