Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Throw Together Dinner=Yum!

This is by no means an extravagant dish and my presentation was not good, even though I'm a Top Chef fanatic.  Unfortunately, it was just so good I couldn't waste time wiping my plate!

My version of Pesto Pasta w/Chicken & Veggies for under 300 calories
- 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts (bite sized pieces, cooked)
- 3 oz Ronzoni Smart Taste Penne
- 1 yellow bell pepper (diced) - any color is fine
- 1 cup button mushroom (diced)
- 1 Tbsp Priano Red Pepper Pesto (Aldi)

1. Cook diced chicken with cooking spray until done
2. Saute veggies with cooking spray until desired softness
3. Cook pasta according to directions, drain. 
4. Add all ingredients together to coat with pesto.
5. Enjoy!

Servings: 2
Calories per serving: 270

I added 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese and was under 350 calories for the meal.  Completely filling and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks