Friday, February 25, 2011

1 step forward, 3 steps back

It never fails...just when you think you are making some headway, something happens that sets you back again.  When I learned I was being laid off in January, my plan was to use any extra money I had to pay off my outstanding credit cards so I would be in a better position to take a lower paying job if needed. I'm trying to put every extra penny toward paying off my debts and finally paid off the first card last week.

Today, I had to break it back out to replace the microwave, coffee maker and all my pots and pans.  The coffee maker fell prey to a hoard of ants and I couldn't confirm that they were all removed so I had to buy another. $20, no big deal...moving on.

The microwave got a thorough cleaning this week; however, the paint on the inside of it is now flaking off all over the place. Not to mention that it was only 700 watts and didn't cook worth a darn anyway.  Splurged on a 1000 watt unit, just hope I don't forget to use normal cooking times and burn the first thing I cook. :)

Lastly, my pots and pans are old and have been scratched for years.  Lately, I've noticed black fleck in some of my light colored food which I know isn't pepper because I don't cook with it.  Time to replace those before someone gets sick.  That was the most expensive purchase.  I could have bought the cheap set for $20 but then I'd be right back in this boat, replacing them again in a year or less.

Now, I just need to figure in how quickly I can pay back this money that I've charged to that darn card.  So frustrating because things are going to be very bad if I can't get the majority of these cards paid off before June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you have feedback, please leave it. I may have strong feelings about things but I know that doesn't make them right...all the time. Give me your perspective but...be nice! I don't need a bunch of strangers being nutso in my life! :) Thanks